Community Financial Counselling Services, Inc. (CFCS) is a non-profit credit counselling agency that can help you get a handle on your debt with a plan that works for you.
There are no hidden agendas – we are a publicly-funded, non-profit – that means we don’t need to profit from your debt management plan. We tell you everything you need to know up front in your orientation session or your first one-on-one meeting with us.
*Our services are free of charge or have a minimal cost.
So what do we do? CFCS provides services that:
- Provide comprehensive financial counselling that takes into consideration your lifestyle
- Help you create a plan that is tailored to your resources and circumstances
- Empower you to make sound financial decisions in the future
- Provide free income tax preparation services to 30,000 low income Manitobans annually.
- Advocate on behalf of Manitobans for fair practices in lending, debt repayment and financial services.
- Provide education and financial literacy programs, seminars and workshops to community groups, other organizations and the general public.
- Address the needs of more vulnerable and high risk populations such as seniors, low income, persons living with a disability and persons with problem gambling behaviour
Read about our rich and trusted history in the community...