Did you know that CFCS has a rich and trusted history in the community?
Community Financial Counselling Services is a founding member of Credit Counselling Canada (CCC) – the national organization that sets standards and monitors the activities of non-profit credit counselling agencies across Canada. CFCS has been formally accredited by CCC and meets the highest standards for credit counselling.
Our history in the community reaches back almost four decades. We’ve been helping Manitobans solve their debt issues and provide other financial support programs since 1974.
We are a non-profit corporation and are registered with Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization. A voluntary Board of Directors drawn from the community is responsible for overseeing our operations. That board serves without pay.
Organizations that trust us include:
- The United Way of Winnipeg (we’re a funded member agency)
- Province of Manitoba (funder)
- Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries (funder)
- The Winnipeg Foundation (funder)
- The Addictions Foundation of Manitoba
- Canada Revenue Agency
- The Social Planning Council of Winnipeg
- The Workers Compensation Board
- The Office of Consumer Protection
- Consumer Association of Canada (Manitoba branch)
- The Public Interest Law Centre
We are highly respected by major financial institutions, credit card companies, and retailor corporations who regularily refer people experiencing debt repayment issues to CFCS