Community Financial Counselling Services, Inc. (CFCS) is a non-profit, United Way member agency. We are a credit counselling agency that can help you get a handle on your debt with a plan that works for you.
There are no hidden agendas – we are a publicly-funded, non-profit – that means we don’t need to profit from your debt management plan. We tell you everything you need to know up front in your orientation session or at your first one-on-one meeting with us.
*Our counselling services are free of charge.
So what do we do?
- Are provided regardless of financial situation or personal circumstances
- Provide comprehensive financial counselling that takes into consideration your lifestyle
- Help you create a plan that is tailored to your resources and circumstances
- Empower you to make sound financial decisions in the future
- Provide education and financial literacy programs, seminars and workshops to community groups, other organizations and the general public
- Address the needs of more vulnerable and high risk populations such as seniors, low income, persons living with a disability and persons with gambling as an issue in their lives
- Advocate on behalf of Manitobans for fair practices in lending, debt repayment and financial services
- Partner with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to provide free income tax preparation services to 30,000 low income Manitobans annually
Read about our rich and trusted history in the community...